I guess you all seen and maybe even tried Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 by now. To me it wasn’t very surprising. Dissapointing? Yes.
Well, according to Chris Wilson, the following bugs have already been fixed and we’ll see them in beta 2:
- HTML 4.01 ABBR tag
- Improved (though not yet perfect) <object> fallback
- CSS 2.1 Selector support (child, adjacent, attribute, first-child etc.)
- CSS 2.1 Fixed positioning
- Alpha channel in PNG images
- Fix :hover on all elements
- Background-attachment: fixed on all elements not just body
The question I’m asking is why did they even release beta 1 as it is?