I’m considering switching from Movable Type to WordPress. The main reason is that I fucking hate how MT has to rebuild everything all the fucking time. Why not build it upon first request and then cache it?
- Needs to run on BSD, Apache 2, MySQL or PostGreSQL (Perl, PHP, Mono, Whatever++)
- Should be able to send as application/xhtml+xml whenever the UA supports it and fall back to text/html for Mosaic and IE
- Easy to use and configure… I don’t have the time to write my own blog engine
- Must be able to import from MT
- Sane URIs. No crap in the URIs please!
I think WordPress migh fulfill my needs. Does anyone have any experience with it or knows any other free and/or open source blog engine?